Program or Project:
Sexual Health Prevention and Education
Percentage of time over term member will spend with this program:
• Member will provide one-time prevention education (standardized abstinence-based curriculum developed by Access Matters) in the classroom, accompanied by one member of each School Based Health Center (SBHC) team.
• Member will create table displays for various special awareness issues and dates. These activities serve to raise students’ awareness about sexual health risk and empower students to make healthy choices. Member will promote and connect students to the services of the SBHC, where students can receive 1-1 education, condoms, pregnancy and testing for sexually transmitted infections (STI).
• Member may also coordinate efforts with other dating violence providers, HIV prevention organizations and others to expand the education.
Provide education in 7-9 middle and high schools; reach over 1,000 students w/ 1-3 sessions
NHC performance measure(s) this activity falls under (if any). :
• Deliver Information about Health Insurance, Health Care Access, and Health Benefits Programs
• Health Education
• Health Care Service Enrollment and Scheduling
• Capacity Building